Free School Meals - Do You Qualify?
Many families are throwing away up to £350 a year for each child because they are paying for school meals when they don’t have to!
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is eligible for and getting free school meals at any time before 31 March 2022, they’ll remain eligible until this date or until their phase of education at that time ends.
If you have a query about free school meals, please contact Stockport Council directly:
Phone: 0161 217 6015