Absence Requests - Useful Files
Work for students on short term absences (Or exclusions of up to 5 days)
When a student has a short absence from school, work is available using the guidance below. Most families now have access to the internet. If you do not have access to the internet, we advise you to contact your Year Team for support.
Students should keep copies of all work done during the absence. Excluded students should bring these to the formal meeting to discuss the return to school. Students absent for other reasons should give the work to the subject teacher in the lesson on the first week back.
How to access work via the internet
- Login to Kingsway Online
- Go first to the SAM Learning site via the icon. (The SAM Learning password is date of birth plus your initials (e.g. 010184JB) There is plenty of work for most subjects.
- Students can also access the school’s subject areas by clicking on the Learning Centre tab on the student home page. This will take you to a variety of resources that can aid learning for most subjects.
- My Maths and BBC Bitesize are excellent resources.
How to access work from other sources:
- Use the information in the student planner (page 99-116)
- If the absence is known well in advance, tell subjects teachers and house leader. Teachers can provide specific tasks beyond those above if appropriate.
- GCSE students always have work set which can be done at home from textbooks and/or worksheets.
If the absence is for longer, you should seek the advice of your Year Team in the first instance.