Absence Requests Useful Documents
Work for students on short term absences (Or exclusions of up to 5 days)
When a student has a short absence from school, work is available using the guidance below. Most families now have access to the internet. If you do not have access to the internet, we advise you to contact your Pastoral Head of Year for support.
Students should keep copies of all work done during the absence. Excluded students should bring these to the formal meeting to discuss the return to school. Students absent for other reasons should give the work to the subject teacher in the lesson on the first week back.
How to access work via the internet
- Login to Kingsway Online.
- My Maths, Doddle (username is the same as Kingsway Online) and BBC Bitesize are excellent resources.
- See our Blended Learning page.
How to access work from other sources
- Use the information in the student planner.
- If the absence is known well in advance, tell subjects teachers and Pastoral Head of year, in order that we can provide specific tasks beyond those above if appropriate.
- GCSE students always have work set which can be done at home from textbooks and/or worksheets.
If the absence is for longer, you should seek the advice of your Pastoral Head of Year in the first instance.