Thank you for taking the time to visit our recruitment page. We hope you find the information helpful in making your decision whether to apply for a role at the school. If you require any further information about the school or any of the vacancies please email email@example.com or contact us.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment and adhere to these expectations. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants, along with satisfactory references. A list of policies are available here.
What makes our school special?
The fully inclusive nature of our school community including our resourced based students (SEN) and students from minority ethnic backgrounds (EAL).
- Our mantra for Engagement, Challenge and Progress in all lessons.
- A well-established, traditional and academic curriculum that supports students in the next stage of their education and future career pathway.
- Our promotion of SMSC and British values through the curriculum, extra-curricular and whole school activities.
- Our commitment to careers advice and informing students on career pathways, evidenced by our IAG Gold Award.
- Our passion for the promotion of STEM based subjects within the school curriculum, and extra-curricular offer, evidenced by the MOSI STEM Excellence Award.
- Our student leadership team and the impact they have on improving their school, evidenced by our representation on the British Youth Parliament.
- Our work with local, national and global charities including a sister school in Kolweny, Kenya, evidenced by our International School School status.
Teaching Staff Vacancies
We are looking to appoint a positive, dynamic, enthusiastic and well qualified Performing Arts Teacher to join our supportive team.
The successful candidate would be a Drama specialist with ideally, the ability or willingness to teach Dance and possibly Music at Key Stage 3.
You must be able to teach Key Stage 4 Drama and a knowledge of BTEC Performing Arts Acting or Edexcel GCSE Drama would be beneficial.
A commitment to developing the Performing Arts throughout the School is essential.
Closing date for applications: 4th May 2020 (midday)
Interviews will take place soon after that date
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment and adhere to these expectations. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants, along with satisfactory references.
Support Staff Vacancies
Are you looking for the next step in your career, and want to join an enthusiastic team within a school setting? If so, then this may be the apprenticeship for you! The Kingsway School is seeking to appoint a proactive, organised individual with good attention to detail and a keen interest to learn.
- As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be reporting to the School Business Manager, and you will be joining a team of enthusiastic and engaged colleagues who will support you as you progress in the role.
- Receive visitors to the school and to communicate with courtesy and clarity to all staff, pupils, parents, carers, visitors, outside agencies and the wider community, including answering general telephone and face to face enquiries.
- Clerical and administrative support duties on behalf of individual members of staff and Departments, creating certificates, reports and mail merges.
- Maintain and update administrative systems (training given).
- Provide cover for other administrative colleagues when required.
- Organise meetings including booking rooms and refreshments, inviting attendees, photocopying of papers and taking minutes.
- Undertake administrative duties as required including photocopying, filing, typing, updating databases and ordering stationary.
The Kingsway School - Employer
The Kingsway School is a co-educational, non-denominational secondary school in Stockport. It specialises in mathematics, computing, science and training. The school's motto translates from Latin as "turning potential into reality". It is accessible via the M56 and M60 motorways, and is a five-minute walk from a train station.
To apply for a vacancy please ensure you fully complete the relevant application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information please Contact Us.
Do you want a career that makes all the difference? Then why not train with us.
Find out more about the Secondary School Direct programme below: