At The Kingsway School we are privileged to have additional, specialist provision for young people with severe and complex needs. This is our Resource Centre. The information below describes this provision and attempts to answer parents’ and young people’s frequently asked questions.
At The Kingsway School we believe that:
- All students are entitled to a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum which is adapted as appropriate to meet individual needs.
- All our children can learn and make progress.
- All children are valued and included regardless of abilities, needs and behaviours.
- Effective assessment and provision for children with SEND will be secured in partnership with parent / carers, children, LA and other partners.
- Maintaining children’s safety and wellbeing is central to their development.
Students that access the resourced provision:
- Students aged 11-16 with an Education, Health and Care Plan for severe and complex learning needs
- Students working significantly below age related expectations
- Students with communication difficulties
- Students on the Autistic Spectrum
- Students with sensory difficulties
How does my child access the resourced provision?
Places are allocated by the Local Authority and are named in Section 1 of the Education, Health and Care Plan.