Thank you for taking the time to visit our recruitment page. We hope you find the information helpful in making your decision whether to apply for a role at the school. If you require any further information about the school or any of the vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment and adhere to these expectations. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants, along with satisfactory references. A list of policies are available here.
What makes our school special?
The fully inclusive nature of our school community including our resourced based students (SEN) and students from minority ethnic backgrounds (EAL).
- Our mantra for Engagement, Challenge and Progress in all lessons.
- A well-established, traditional and academic curriculum that supports students in the next stage of their education and future career pathway.
- Our promotion of SMSC and British values through the curriculum, extra-curricular and whole school activities.
- Our commitment to careers advice and informing students on career pathways, evidenced by our IAG Gold Award.
- Our passion for the promotion of STEM based subjects within the school curriculum, and extra-curricular offer, evidenced by the MOSI STEM Excellence Award.
- Our student leadership team and the impact they have on improving their school, evidenced by our representation on the British Youth Parliament.
- Our work with local, national and global charities including a sister school in Kolweny, Kenya, evidenced by our International School School status.
Teaching Staff Vacancies
Support Staff Vacancies
Contract: 37hrs per week, full time
Salary: £148 per week
Are you looking for the next step in your career, and want to join an enthusiastic team within a school setting? If so, then this may be the apprenticeship for you!
The Kingsway School is seeking to appoint a proactive, organised individual with good attention to detail and a keen interest to learn.
- As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be reporting to the School Business Manager, and you will be joining a team of enthusiastic and engaged colleagues who will support you as you progress in the role.
- Receive visitors to the school and to communicate with courtesy and clarity to all staff, pupils, parents, carers, visitors, outside agencies and the wider community, including answering general telephone and face to face enquiries.
- Clerical and administrative support duties on behalf of individual members of staff and Departments, creating certificates, reports and mail merges.
- Maintain and update administrative systems (training given)
- Provide cover for other administrative colleagues when required.
- Organise meetings including booking rooms and refreshments, inviting attendees, photocopying of papers and taking minutes.
- Undertake administrative duties as required including photocopying, filing, typing, updating databases and ordering stationary.
Contract: 37 Hours per week - term time only plus 5 days, NJC APT & C Scale 4
Salary: £16,941 - £18,347 (actual salary for hours and weeks works)
The post is busy and demanding and requires a highly motivated and organised individual who has an excellent telephone manner and good ICT skills. You will need a pleasant and calm approach, be able to undertake a wide range of clerical and administrative duties and be able to provide an efficient and effective clerical support service for the school, in particular to the Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral, Behaviour and Attendance) and the Pastoral Team
The Kingsway School is committed to the safeguarding of young people and candidates will be expected to adhere to these expectations.
The successful applicant will be subject to DBS checks.
Job Description and Person Specification
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th August 2019
Interviews will be held: w/c Monday 26th August 2019
Do you want a career that makes all the difference? Then why not train with us.
Find out more about the Secondary School Direct programme below: