We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to school. During the summer we have been working very hard to make sure that we minimise the risks from COVID-19.
It does mean that school will be organised very differently from when you were last in lessons. To help you we’ve included some of the main changes below:
The school buildings will not be open until 8.15am, you will not be able to enter school before then. If you do arrive early you will need to wait in the designated area for your Year group.
The start and end times of the day have remained the same.
Everybody must be in school by 8.30am.
Year Group Zones
On Foxland we will have Years 10, 9 and 7, and on Broadway we have Years 11 and 8.
Your lessons will be taught mainly in these zones and you will not be able to mix between Year zones.
We have made the following arrangements for you to enter school at the start of each day.
- Year 10 - wait at the back of Foxland and enter school under the bridge at the bottom of the quad.
- Year 9 - wait on the playground at the front of Foxland and enter by the front doors near reception.
- Year 7 - wait at the side of Foxland by the maths square, and enter under the bridge between the two towers.
- Year 11 - wait on the back Broadway playground and enter school via the main doors by Food Tech into Broadway.
- Year 8 - wait at the side area of Broadway next to Technology, and use student services to enter school.
Break times will be spent in your Year groups. There will not be any movement between campuses.
Each Year group will have a specific time when you can eat in the canteen. You will not be able to use the canteen at other times. The canteens will be cleaned between Year groups.
Foxland break 2 will be adjusted to allow both Year groups to use the canteen separately.
When you come into school go straight to your new form rooms.
From the start of term students and staff at The Kingsway School must wear a face covering in corridors, communal areas and on buses. Please make your child aware of this and ensure that they have an appropriate face covering for school.
There are other changes which we will need to get used to and we will go through these with you during your first days back in school.
All these adjustments have been put in place to keep you, your family, teachers and our community safe.