Updated Information - 29/04/2019
- Wednesday 1st May to Thursday 2nd May, GROUP 1 - students from 7T, 7H, 7I, 7G and 7A.
- Thursday 2nd May to Friday 3rd May, GROUP 2 - students from 7E, 7K, 7N, 7S and 7Y.
- On the day of your Expedition, come into school in your Venture clothing with your kit in your 'big' rucksack/soft bag. Go straight to your form room for registration. At the end of registration come to the Broadway Canteen to re-register and depart for the camp.
- On your return from Camp you will complete the Venture Booklet reflection, have Break 2 and then be free to go home at 1pm.
We can now confirm the details of The Venture Award Level one. The Venture Award is designed by BXM Expeditions who are experts in running Duke of Edinburgh’s Award expeditions. They have created The Venture Award to help younger students develop as individuals and build on important values and skills. As a School we would like all Year 7 students to have the opportunity to complete this fantastic award which is also great preparation for students who may want to be considered for the DofE Awards in later years.
Once enrolment is complete, The Venture Award requires students to fill out a booklet over a specified period of time to demonstrate that they have learnt something new, been active and helped others. It is a great way for young people to ensure they are not only doing things productive but also showing they can evidence this.
As part of the Award students will be required to participate in a 1 night, 24-hour trip local to the area where participants will work in groups and learn many interesting and useful skills, map reading , cooking and nutrition, risk management and the importance of balance to name a few. Students will camp in a tent and work directly with BXM Expeditions staff, supported by Kingsway staff. More information will follow on the specifics of the camp, exact location, this will be during the school week across 1st-3rd May 2019. Students will be going with their form groups and school staff.
The total cost of the Venture Award including the booklet and trip is £70. This includes; the booklets, NNAS Silver award certification, on the camp tents, stoves and food is all included. Please take note of the small kit list below that will be required.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Day Rucksack
- Waterproof jacket
- 1 spare set of clothes
- Walking shoes (no Wellies)
- Water bottle
- Mess tin (These can be bought from the BXM Expeditions website)
- A rucksack – It doesn’t have to be big but must hold all equipment (please no suitcases)
Payment will be accepted via Parent Pay ONLY.