Headteacher’s Blog – Week 15

Twinkle, twinkle Kingsway stars!

I hope you are all getting into the festive spirit as Christmas quickly approaches! I love the build up: the Christmas songs on the radio on my way in to work; the party food in the supermarkets and the growing number of gifts in the spare room! This weekend, I went to Dunham Massey with my mum, sister, daughter, niece and nephew to see their Christmas Lights. Wow! It was fantastic and a really lovely start to our Christmas celebrations, despite the freezing temperatures! I would definitely recommend it!

And the stars at Dunham Massey weren’t the only ones twinkling…

Earlier this month, despite the pouring rain throughout the whole of the day, The Kingsway's Young Enterprise group kept the spirits high, selling products to the public at the Christmas markets in Manchester city centre. The group of of Year 10 students were promoting their business 'Beelieve' selling bee-related products, including necklaces, bracelets and a children's book, which they wrote and illustrated themselves. Although the footfall was low, as pedestrians were running to shelter, the team managed to make a small profit covering their costs for the day! A big well done to the following students who attended and the rest of the Young Enterprise team who will be setting up at the Trafford centre in the new year: Simona Miteva, Pippa Woods, Yasmeen Zara, Oudi Ahmed and Aroush Zia.

Throughout this term, a group of Year 10 students have been volunteering at the Wellspring Centre in Stockport. During numerous visits, the students have been completing a variety of tasks including kitchen duties, clothing and bedding, food packing and cleaning. The students have had the opportunity to see firsthand the work and necessity of a centre like the Wellspring in supporting members of our Stockport community. The students have been utterly fantastic and have demonstrated such sensitivity and care - they are credit to our school.

As we reach the end of our Autumn term, we will be sadly saying goodbye to Mr Hall (Technology Teacher) and Mr Dunbar (Business Manager) who are both moving on to new ventures. We wish them both well.

Just to finish, can I remind our parents & carers that students who have been wearing mock-trainers for school will need to ensure these are changed for the new year. Students will know if they currently have unsuitable footwear. Thank you for your cooperation with this.

And so all that is left for me to say is: “Merry Christmas and Happy new Year” to all our families, friends and local community.

Have a great holiday everyone.

Mrs J. Lowe
Headteacher

Scroll to top