- Do not walk home alone - always walk with a friend or group
- Keep to well lit roads and avoid taking short cuts or passageways
- Do not have your electronic devices out and visible
- Do not use phones or iPods whilst crossing roads. Try not to use ear or headphones as you won`t be able to hear oncoming traffic or people approaching you
- If you see anyone acting suspiciously make your way to the nearest public place i.e. a shop and report your concern
- Do not approach anyone who you do not know
If you have any concerns about walking home alone please go directly to your Year Office for support. Do not leave school if you are concerned.
As the dark evenings draw in can we ask families to ensure that they are also stressing the importance of travel safety and that you are aware of the route your child takes to and from school.
Please contact your Year Office if you have any further questions or concerns.
Can we also remind parents to read our Snow and Bad Weather policy.