We are delighted to inform you that we have been awarded the LPPA (Leading Parent Partnership Award) in recognition of our partnership work with our parents and carers.
Under the leadership of Mrs Maxey, the school have been working towards this award for a number of years by developing our home school communication, the ways in which we gather parents views and by increasing school events to engage parents in celebrating their child’s success. The LPPA Verifier stated that we had a 'resounding pass'. Some examples of parental engagement include:
- Coffee morning for parents of students with special educational needs
- End of year celebration evenings, awarding The Kingsway Certificate
- Year 7 Literacy catch-up Intervention week and parent celebration
- Sports Presentation evening, which will now include Duke of Edinburgh Awards
During his visit, the LPPA verifier spoke to groups of staff, students and parents. It was wonderful to hear his feedback on the parent panel who felt that:
- The school listens to their opinions and acts upon them.
- There is a lot of guidance given to the parents to help them support their children with their learning.
- Communication with the parent body is a real strength of the school. The parents appreciate how they are kept well informed by the school.
- The staff are very approachable and the school is welcoming. Due to this, parents feel secure when needing to contact school. They are grateful that any issues or concerns are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Achieving the LPPA Award is not the end of our parental engagement strategies. We plan to continue to develop, particularly in relation to parental involvement in their child’s learning through the use of technology. We are looking at different packages that help students continue to learn from home and inform parents of their learning experience in school. If you are interested in getting involved in a small working party to develop this strategy, please get in touch with Mrs Maxey - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for working in partnership with us.