Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is a good school.
- Students make good progress and achieve well in nearly all subjects. Attainment has improved significantly in recent years and is above average and rising.
- Students who are disabled or with statements of special educational needs, including those with severe learning difficulties, are exceptionally well supported and also achieve well.
- Teaching has improved since the previous inspection. Most is good and the proportion that is outstanding is growing securely.
- Teaching of English is of very high quality and results in attainment that is consistently high.
Students enjoy school. They behave well. They treat each other and the adults working with them with respect.
- Attendance has improved significantly since the previous inspection.
- The school prepares students well, both academically and personally, for future success.
- Leaders and managers, including a highly effective governing body, have driven the school purposefully forward since the previous inspection. This demonstrates the school’s strong capacity to carry on improving.
It is not yet an outstanding school because
- Not enough students make progress that is better than expected for achievement to be outstanding.
- A small amount of teaching requires improvement and not enough is yet outstanding.
|Overall effectiveness: how good is the school||Grade 2 (Good)|
|Achievement of pupils||Grade 2 (Good)|
|Quality of teaching||Grade 2 (Good)|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils||Grade 2 (Good)|
|Leadership and management||Grade 2 (Good)|