- Would you like to follow in the footsteps of successful business minds such as Alan Sugar, Richard Branson or Oprah Winfrey?
- Are you glued to shows like The Apprentice or Dragons Den?
- Could you be considering a career in Business Administration, Customer Service, Finance, Human Resources, Law or Marketing?
...If you have said ‘yes’ to any of the above, this is the course for you.
GCSE Business provides you with a wide range of valuable and transferable skills that will help you succeed in your future studies and the world of work.
You will study 2 compulsory units which will be assessed through two Written Exams (50% each).
The units will cover:
- Spotting business opportunities
- Putting business ideas into practice
- Understanding the effects of changes in the economy on new and existing businesses
- Understanding and meeting customer needs
- Effective financial management
- Global effects on businesses
Throughout the course you will engage actively in the study of business in order to develop as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds.
You will use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts and opinions, to build arguments and make informed judgements on the success of a range of businesses.
You will develop an appreciation of a range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities.
You will consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable.
You will develop an appreciation of diversity and recognise similarities and differences of attitudes and cultures in society.