Making your Key Stage 4 option choices is an important time for all Year 9 students. Please take the time with your parents/carers to review the information below to ensure you make informed choices.
On this page you will find resources to support your child in making their option choices for Key Stage 4, making option choices is an important time for all Year 9 students and we want to provide all students with the information they need to make informed choices.
All students will be informed about their curriculum pathway allocations during the week beginning Monday 23rd January. Please watch the Introducing Year 9 Options video to find out more about what the different curriculum pathways mean.
I would appreciate Parents/Carers and Year 9 students taking the time to discuss option choices and I would also encourage you to review the resources on this page including reading the Options Booklet.
In addition, every subject has produced a video which provides further information about each course on offer. You can watch these videos below.
I hope you will find the Options Booklet and additional web based resources useful and that you feel supported in making these very important decisions.
- Options booklets issued - week beginning Monday 23rd January.
- Students will be told which pathway they have been allocated - week beginning Monday 23rd January.
- Year 9 Options Evening - Thursday 26th January.
- Options forms issued to students - Monday 6th February
- ‘Virtual’ Year 9 Parents’ Evening - Thursday 9th February.
- Completed Options forms must be submitted to Form Tutors by Monday 27th February.
Mr J. Weil
Assistant Headteacher responsible for Options
Introducing Year 9 Options 2023
Mr Weil talks through the Year 9 Options process
Year 9 Options 2023 - Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about what our departments and subjects have to offer: